Infrastructure Engineer / Integration Engineer - DV Cleared
An Integration Engineer is needed for the integration of commercial and bespoke applications. This involves the installation and configuration of software and hardware in a locked-down environment, both to workstations and servers.
Accountabilities and requirements:
- Successful integration/scripting of complex applications/products/solutions within defined task timescales
- Support of testing activities to achieve product/system release within task timescales
- Performance of work in accordance with documented procedures
- Investigation & resolution of serious incidents identified internally or by the customer
- Assessing the technical impact of the changes.
- Working with the designers to verify that each component of a change installs successfully.
- Ensuring that the changes are consistent and work together to achieve the expected result.
- Adhering to the appropriate Project standards and procedures.
- Provide support to the deployment team and possibly assist with live deployments (project dependant).
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Installation, configuration and manipulation of Microsoft Operating systems, primarily Server 2012/2016 and Windows 7/10, including Embedded but also Open source platforms, both Server and Desktop (RHEL and CentOS).
- Ability to package and distribute software via SCCM, SMS, Radia, Linux repositories etc.
- A solid and demonstrable understanding of Active Directory configuration.
- A solid and demonstrable understanding of Group Policy.
- Highly specialised in virtualisation offerings (VMware, Hyper-V etc.).
- Installation and configuration of Server Databases (SQL, Oracle, MySql etc.).
- Strong scripting skills, particularly using PowerShell, batch scripts and VB scripts.
Desirable Skills Required:
- Network Virtualisation.
- Network monitoring tools.
- Citrix (various platforms).
Due to the secure nature of this project the successful candidate will require DV Clearance prior to starting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.