|Job Title:||Infrastructure Engineer|
|REF:||CC - IE_1534352605|
|Contact Name:||Christopher Casey|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Qualities we are looking for:
- Confidence in making decisions based on the data available and to use judgement when extensive analysis is not possible or required.
- Willingness to take ownership of technical issues /problems and see them through to conclusion
- Enthusiasm for identifying and implementing service improvements that benefit internal operating practices
- The ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team depending on the requirements at the time
- A curiosity, ability and desire to learn and gain experience with technology, systems and processes that are new or fall outside your comfort zone
Skill, Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent and demonstrable experience of the UNIX based technology platforms, common technologies used to provision network services (e.g. load balancers, VPN, remote desktop, firewalls) and experience of automating the provisioning, maintenance and release of infrastructure and / or applications.
- Demonstrable experience of Amazon AWS and direct experience installing configuring and of running workloads.
- Good Working knowledge and experience of high availability technologies and methodologies.
- Good Working knowledge and experience of commercial database product (e.g. Microsoft SQL, PostgressSQL)
- Experience of web infrastructure (LAMP or similar). Either operational support or build out of applications exposing (REST) API over HTTP/S.
- Excellent understanding of general IT infrastructure server HW/Storage/ TCP/IP networks such that you can configure devices on multiple networks, commission server HW/storage. apply and understand DNS configuration, physical/virtual server maintenance, patching and firewall configuration.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of "over the top" video delivery. Understanding of terms such as transport stream, H.264/H.265, adaptive streaming HLS/DASH.
- Exposure to building, operating and or supporting HTTP adaptive streaming technologies such as DRM, Origination and CDN.
- Exposure to OTT video multi-device clients.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience of IT support of applications and services operating as *aaS.
- Ability to capture and analyse business requirements and convert this in to a technical project documentation.
- Exposure to DevOps, containers (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes). Linux (redhat / Ubuntu)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
VMWare Architect - DV Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Vendor Manager (In-Life Contracts)
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive daily rate
Site Design Engineering Manager (Cooling - Telecoms)
Location: Berkshire, England
Microsoft Collaboration Lead Architect (Skype)
Location: England, England
Salary: Market rates