Infrastructure Architect - SC Cleared
The role will report into the Lead Architect and assist in defining designs in line with requirements and encompass the following disciplines and responsibilities:
- Provide technical input to qualification and business approval meetings.
- Assist with the shaping of technical proposals
- Assists with the definition of larger/more complex solutions
- Contributes to definition of customers' overall IT architecture,
- The production of the required level of infrastructure design documentation.
- During transformation, liaising with programme, operational capability teams and the customer.
- Maintain reusable collateral for future opportunities
- Interacting with other Architect and programme disciplines during delivery and/or transformation to operations and EMEIA wide teams to ensure architectural conformance to process model and standards.
- Liaise with and assist with managing 3rd parties and their technical deliverables.
- Provide impact assessment on customer and internal Change Requests.
- Client-facing skills, with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives.
- A detailed knowledge of the Infrastructure Design Methodology and implementation.
- Experience of infrastructure architecture and design for major IT systems.
- Written communications - clear technical writing and presentation.
- Excellent design experience in proposing and utilizing Microsoft server technologies including Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Core infrastructure solutions delivery which combine both physical and virtual server implementations, throughout the design and implementation lifecycle.
- VMWare VSphere v6.0.
- Server physical architecture design including usage of System Architect (preferable).
- HPPT AS design and implementation.
- SCOM/SCCM design and configuration.
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration.
- Active Directory/DHCP services.
- RDS design and implementation.
- ITIL version 3 Practitioner.
- Netscaler (Load balancers), Juniper IDS and IPS.
- DNS and IPAM knowledge.
- Design of network within virtualized infrastructure.
- Encryption devices, CAPs assured products such as Catapan.
- DWDM services.
- Network Management toolsets.
- Networking protocols such as TCP and UDP.
- IP Addressing design.
- Core Infrastructure troubleshooting.
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types.
Due to the secure nature of this role the successful candidate will be required to be SC Cleared prior to starting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.