Working for a telecoms company, managing information security on behalf of the IT Director. Also accountable for physical security standards of their corporate offices. They are a medium-sized company (circa 200 staff) which outsources as much as possible of the design, planning, deployment and operation of the shareholder's shared radio network. They have 100's of suppliers who have approximately 4,000 staffers world-wide that manage the shared network. This combined community and supplier staffers must adhere to their information security policies and standards. It is the purpose of this role to make sure this happens.
- Define and maintain the security policies & standards
- Manage & maintain their security accreditation (currently ISO27001 and CAS(T))
- Manage security incidents as and when they arise
- Raise awareness of the policies & standards throughout the company
- Undertake internal and external audits as and when required to verify compliance with their policies and standards
- Manage security risks
- Prepare security updates and reports for the Board and Senior Management Team
- Act as the liason with both shareholder security departments to both brief them on progress and issues and to learn from their experiences
- Create and maintain Disaster Recovery plans from an Information Security perspective
- Review new projects and initiatives for security compliance
- Undertake security tests (e.g. PEN tests) as and when required
- Highlight and analyse trends, providing recommendations for improvements
- Manage security suppliers
- Undertake security incident response rehearsals and exercises
- IT Technology environment experience from an ISO27001 accredited company.
- CISSP (or equivalent e.g. Masters in Information Security) ESSENTIAL
- ITIL Foundation
- Experience of implementing and maintaining security standards such as ISO27001
- Qualifications in Data Security that align with Shareholder expectations
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics engineering or five years of comparable work experience
- First class communication skills - we really need someone who can listen and absorb, talk and hold the attention of others and produce documentation that is simple, effective and concise
- Excellent skills in multi-tasking and managing priorities
- Good working knowledge of Security related legal and regulatory requirements
- Ability to manage and deliver Projects through to successful conclusion
- Excellent Knowledge of using Microsoft Office, Visio and MS Project. E.g. Word processing, Spreadsheets , Presentations, flow diagrams and Project Plans.
- An approach that is diligent and professional and that engenders trust with others.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.