Job Title: Information Security Manager
An experienced Information Security Manager is required to take responsibility for assuring the continued confidentiality, integrity and availability of a new system, ensuring that the system remains compliant with relevant policies - including the Security Policy Framework- and hence retains its accreditation status.
They will have experience of scoping, managing and responding to IT Security Health Checks, ensuring that recommendations are communicated to and agreed with relevant parties and incorporated appropriately into the solution. The jobholder will ensure that all security products are developed and published in accordance with the agreed schedule. The Information Security Manager will be responsible for ensuring the internal resolution of security related issues or provide a route for problem escalation should this be required.
Experienced in managing the security and accreditation of sensitive ICT systems and fully conversant with relevant policy and guidance, the individual will hold CISM or an equivalent qualification and will be a qualified CCP to Senior or Lead Practitioner level in either the Security and information Risk Advisor (SIRA) or IT security Officer (ITSO) roles.
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Track record of managing the security and accreditation of sensitive ICT systems
- CISM or equivalent qualification
- CCP SIRA or ITSO (Senior or Lead Practitioner)
- Thorough knowledge of IA Policy, Standards and Good Practice Guidance
- Knowledge and experience of security technologies and associated products
- Experience of developing security products e.g. Security Management Plans
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and ensure successful delivery
- SC clearance prior to start
Desirable Skills Required:
Awareness of government methods of working
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.