We require an experienced IA Security consultant, to work in a customer facing team supporting the delivery of a range of secure solutions - specifically assuring accreditation from design to delivery. The individual will need a track record of working on bids and delivery projects together with a broad understanding of security technologies and how they are applied. The consultant will need to take responsibility for the security aspects of complex projects, requiring the creation of innovative HLD/LLDs and management of risk through appropriate methods to deliver an excellent customer experience. Projects are increasingly being delivered under an agile framework, so an understanding of agile methods and the integration of security into such methods is essential.
Job Purpose and Accountabilities
- Dealing with key customer decision makers such as IT Directors, Programme Managers and Partners.
- Working as part of a virtual matrix management team, reporting into a number of people including business line managers, solution owners and project leads.
- Providing technical subject matter expertise in security product(s), their usage, support, architecture and their interoperability within the overall solution.
- Shaping security proposals to be commercially acceptable to the customer and able to make security trade-offs as required.
- Contributing to customers' security architectures, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity.
- Managing the work of other SMEs contributing to the design and implementation.
- Taking responsibility for security input to accreditation and business approval meetings.
- The work will be typically based in Basingstoke but will require some travel to sites in the South and in the Bath/Bristol area.
- Defence sector experience, including a good understanding of the constraints imposed by JSP
- Knowledge and Experience of Security Accreditation and Governance processes
- Strong IA knowledge and experience
- Well-developed leadership, management and consulting skills
- Thorough knowledge of security technologies and associated products
- Expert in Risk methodologies and tools
- CCP and/or ISO27001 qualified.
- Large enterprise IT consulting, administration or support experience
- Familiarity with DevOps or other agile delivery methods
- Business development experience.