I am recruiting for a HR Generalist for a leading IT services company based in Hatfield. This would suit an enthusiastic individual to be part of the HR Shared Service team who are the go-to people for all the UK employees and managers within the business for all HR queries.
The main responisibilities for the role includes;
- Providing comprehensive advice on all employee queries, this is done face to face, over the phone or email.
- Employee relations situations including disciplinaries, grievances and the consultation process.
- Case management, you will be supporting and guiding line managers on decisions up to and including dismissal.
- Supporting various consultation processes such as changes to terms and conditions and redundancy and as part of these you could be having to work successfully to redeploy employees.
- As an absence and wellbeing expert you will own your own area of the business helping managers support their employee's wellbeing, give advice on both short term and long term absence and work closely with the occupational health team.
- Support and promote regular wellbeing initiatives and signpost employees to useful resources which help to keep employees well at work.
- Working with the employee relations manager you will be responsible for the relationship with your trade union and support them on negotiations and business changes.
We are looking for;
- CIPD qualified or working towards your CIPD qualification
- Strong HR generalist background gained in a large organisation
- Excellent up to date knowledge of employment legislation and the application of this
- Experience in making sound, risk assessed decisions for exit strategies
- Expertise in all aspects of absence management
- Ability to respond and manage a busy and diverse workload
- Good communication skills both verbal and written and a confident presentation style
- Passion to work as part of team with a flexible approach to work
- Initiative to work independently while using judgement to know when to ask for support
- An understanding of working with Unions would be useful along with an awareness of TUPE
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.