|Job Title:||Head of Software Development|
|REF:||CC - HOSD_1537201535|
|Contact Name:||Christopher Casey|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Head of Software Development
6 Month Contract
To provide leadership, technical direction and governance to the software development teams. To ensure the successful delivery of high quality software solutions in line with the Digital Transformation Strategy. The role covers all offices and locations, working closely with BI Team, the PMO and all project sponsors and owners.
- Ensure that the software development processes and procedures are fit for purpose and consistent throughout the company.
- Embark on the review and overhaul of the core system, looking at the whole software development cycle from spec to testing and delivering on improvements.
- To manage, motivate and maintain a high performing software development function that is recognised for the quality and speed of delivery.
- Ownership of the quality, technical approach, and fit with the Digital Transformation Strategy of all software development projects ensuring that they are delivered on time and within budget.
- To help drive the strategic direction of our software solutions, considering emerging technologies.
- To oversee strategy for our bespoke code base platform definition and implementation and its ongoing maintenance and support.
- To effectively deploy the resources within the software development teams to improve throughput and ensure that the business priorities are correctly resourced.
- To ensure that the technical architecture remains current and can easily take advantage of new and emerging technologies.
- Significant experience of leading software development function, familiar with different approaches to software development (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, RAD).
- Track record of working in a matrix environment.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to explain complex technical solutions in simple terms to non-technical employees.
- Ability to juggle different projects/priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure.
- A technical leader in software development, with proficient leadership skills and a broad appreciation of all technology.
- Experience of prioritisation matrices and working with the business to determine appropriate project prioritisation.
- Demonstrable record of investigating and exploiting new and innovative technology, ideally in a business environment.
- In depth experience in .Net (C#)
- Background in both web and desktop development
- Web services (WCF, REST, Web API)
- Strong proficiency with SQL
- Management of source control (TFS)
- Working with 3rd party API's and integration into 3rd party systems
If you have the relevant skills for this position, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Retail, travel, e-commerce)
Location: Oxfordshire, England
Digital Development Manager - Contract - Berkshire
Location: Berkshire, England
Software Test Engineer - Tester - Space Division - Bristol
Location: Bristol, England
Salary: £30000 - £60000 per annum
Junior .NET Developer - ASP.NET - MVC - C# - Gloucestershire
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Salary: £18000 - £30000 per annum
DevOps Lead Engineer - Security Cleared
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire