Head of Service Design & Transition required to work for a large telecommunications company based in Berkshire.
Reporting to the Head of Service Management, the Head of Service Design & Transition is accountable for the operational service design and transition activities for all network and IT change deliveries.
The operations Service Design & Transition team is the gatekeeper of all changes into the live environment and it is a critical function ensuring quality of delivery and return on investment is met.
The role entails the leadership and management of a team of 30+ experienced Design Architects, Transition Managers and Transition Planning & Support Analysts. These teams are focused on ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of change into our network and IT operation.
To provide services that enhance our business, the Service Design and Transition function needs to actively engage in the solution definition process of technical deliveries of IT and network strategy. This ensures that when products are transitioned into live service, they are ready and fit for purpose.
The role ensures that the operational framework for effective Service Design & Transition is effective and continually improves as the business grows and develops.
Engaging up front in projects is how we ensure the services we provide to our customers are great and deliver as expected first time.
Responsibilities of the Head of Service Design & Transition also include:
- Accountable for Operations Service Design & Transition activities on all network and IT deliveries
- Lead, manage and develop the Service Design, Transition & Support teams building a one team approach across the function
- Leadership within the wider Service Management function, delivering to a clear vision within a defined strategy for achieving positive outcomes
- Driving collaboration, breaking down barriers where required and addressing where gaps could impact quality in areas such as customer experience, budgets and delivery of business strategy
- Ensuring all functional and non-functional requirements, resources and capabilities needed have been captured and fully documented in readiness for service transition
- Ensuring the Service Design & Transition processes fully integrate into all of our technology delivery processes whilst remaining efficient and effective through continual improvement
- Ensuring the Service Design function defines the end to end service flows to deliver a positive customer experience. Setting the standards for effective and proactive monitoring aligned to best practice (ITIL, COBIT etc.)
- Responsible for the completion of Service Transition milestones by holding project delivery teams to account for process adherence and quality
- Responsible for embedding best practice Service Design/Architecture practice in evaluation of technology deliverables to meet our UK's business needs
The successful Head of Service Design & Transition will have:
- Extensive experience in managing service design and transition activities in a large and complex environment
- Strong background in service hierarchy, service design and implementation on high availability systems
- +10 years leading cultural and technical transformation in operational teams
- Experience in the applying best practice principles (ITIL & COBIT) within a diverse and challenging technology environment
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills - working closely with several teams to ensure buy-in and adoption of Service Design & Transition principles
- Flexibility in a rapidly changing and developing environment
To apply for the Head of Service Design & Transition please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.