Head of Health & Safety Quality Management
About The Company
My client, based in the Berkshire area, are a trusted and credible partner to some of the biggest telecoms companies in the UK, delivering and managing the best network infrastructure. Using their expertise to bolster network speed, coverage and capacity across the UK ensuring that the network is always optimised. It is a multi-award winning network, topping many UK network performance tables. There are tens of thousands of cell sites and millions of customers. They manage huge global organisations through partnerships with some of the biggest names and brands.
About The Role
The purpose of this role is to lead and proactively manage Health and Safety on behalf of the reporting Director and the Board to ensure compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards and achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets that represent industry leading practice. You will own and continuously improve the strategies, systems, processes, controls and capabilities required to manage Health and Safety on behalf of all related forums, communications and governance control points.
- Accountable for owning and the continuous improvement of the strategies, systems, processes (including defining standards, monitoring, analysis, forecasting, planning and reporting), controls and capabilities required to manage Health and Safety, communications and governance control points. This includes corporate staff safety and environmental systems to ensure that they are safe and well-being focussed place of work.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with delivery / operations eco system to establish and drive best Health and Safety and Quality Management practice.
- Ensure new projects and programmes follow the Health and Safety and Quality Management strategies, systems, processes and controls put in place.
- Ensure Health and Safety and Quality are integral to, and proactively managed throughout, all phases of the project and operations lifecycle
- Responsible for the proactive management of all Health and Safety and Quality Management interdependencies, risks and issues. Initiating corrective actions, recovery plans and interventions required to ensure compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards and achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets that represent industry leading practice.
- Responsible for the leadership and proactive management of street works compliance including strategy, commercial, vendor management and external relationship management including Regional and Government officials in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Responsible for the in-depth investigation of accidents and incidents. Where required working with industry regulators, specialists and suppliers to implement improvement plans to address root causes and prevent re-occurrence.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Commercial and Finance Teams, for the proactive management of Health and Safety and Quality Management related Suppliers against contracted time, cost, quality and performance obligations.
- Responsible for forecasting, authorising, and management of CAPEX and OPEX spend through the governance and commercial processes including the proactive identification and implementation of cost optimisation initiatives.
- Accountable for the leadership, performance management and development of the Health and Safety and Quality Management team. To translate and communicate boarder visions, strategies and aspirations in a way that is meaningful and relevant.
About The Person
- Expert knowledge of health and safety legislation, obligations and best practice.
- Significant and extensive experience of establishing and leading large-scale safety, environmental and quality management systems.
- Strong safety and quality culture background in a large cross functional organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of quality management systems, methodologies and principles.
- Significant experience of managing retained resources and working with partners to deliver large and highly complex programmes of work safely to agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- A proven track record of bringing industry best practice into an organisation and using this to drive continuous improvement.
- Experience of managing remotely located, cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrable experience of process development and optimisation.
- Strong safety/quality/compliance knowledge of mobile or fixed network technologies.
- Extensive experience of motivating, monitoring and improving performance of outsource partners.
- Strong experience of working with, briefing and influencing senior members of leadership teams.
- A proven track record in leadership, creating positive climates, articulating a vision, managing change and inspiring people.
- An understanding of employment law and experience of positively management routine employee relation issues.
- A proven track record in continuous improvement and an understanding of how to lead and manage high performance teams.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.