- To lead and proactively manage Health and Safety on behalf of the Director of DPD (design planning & development) and the Board to ensure compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards and achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets that represent industry leading practice.
- To own and continuously improve the strategies, systems, processes, controls and capabilities required to manage Health and Safety.
- Responsible for all accidents/ incident investigations.
- To ensure new projects and programmes follow the Health and Safety and Quality Management strategies, systems, processes and control investigations.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Commercial team, for the proactive management of Health and Safety and quality Management related Suppliers against contracted time, cost, quality and performance obligations.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Finance team, for the proactive management of Health and Safety and Quality Management budget in accordance with company policies.
- Expert knowledge of health and safety legislation, obligations and best practice.
- Significant and extensive experience of establishing and leading large-scale safety, environmental and quality management
- Strong safety and quality culture background in a large cross functional organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of quality management systems, methodologies and principles.
- Significant experience of managing retained resources and working with partners to deliver large and highly complex programmes of work safely to agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- A proven track record in continuous improvement and an understanding of how to lead and manage high performance teams
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.