Head of Technical Contract Management - Telecommunications & IT - Berkshire - Permanent
Leading Service Provider in the Telecommunications industry require a Head of Technical Contract Management to join them on a permanent basis in their Berkshire Head Office.
The Head of Technical Contract Management provides a conduit between the business and key suppliers ensuring compliance to Contract, management of contract changes and adherence to both performance and the delivery of contractual obligations.
A member of the Leadership Team, the successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the Operations Director to translate business initiatives into a vision for the team and to identify, develop and deliver the roadmap to deliver short term and long term needs.
It is the role of the Head of Technical Contract Management to work collaboratively to gather and understand their customers' needs and needs of the business, and to socialise and gain commitment from their suppliers to deliver against stretching SLA's.
This will require a strong background in Technical Service Delivery as well as senior operational management, along with previous experience of overall responsibility for large-scale services.
We are ideally looking for someone with experience vendor-side who is looking to move across to client-side and manage delivery of suppliers. This will be a senior leadership role within the company and will play a role in the overall business leadership team affording an opportunity to provide input to the development and ongoing improvement of the wider business.
What you will be accountable for:
- Accountable for managing and influence all operational and associated suppliers.
- Effectively managing suppliers through governance.
- Providing insight on supplier performance and challenge any substandard performance.
- Managing the lifecycle of suppler contracts, Identifying opportunities for continuous service improvement.
To deliver the outcomes the role has the following responsibilities:
- Strong leadership and management of a diverse selection of suppliers and internal teams.
- Directly accountable for the management of multi-year, £multi-million Managed Service contracts with 3rd parties.
- Responsible for all elements of owned contracts and have total budget accountability for the Vendor Support and maintenance budget.
- Manage the Shareholders contracts to ensure successful achievement of their deliverables, reporting directly on performance of those contracts.
- Ensure Operations continue to deliver high standards in line with and beyond contractual service levels
- Accountable for Service Catalogue management interface with suppliers.
- Responsible for determining requirements and agreeing SLAs with suppliers and underpinning agreements, and amendments where necessary.
- Accountable for evaluating and on-boarding new suppliers.
- Overall accountability for supplier, commercial and contractual governance forums
What we are looking for in you:
- An extensive knowledge of the development and management of operational support contracts.
- Experienced in managing relationships with internal business customers and large external suppliers, by the development of relationships to ensure the mutual business needs are met.
- Experience of senior level communication and managing the expectations of internal customers
- Proven to take full accountability for planning and delivering commercially viable options to the business.
- Experienced with a track record of managing OPEX and CAPEX projects.
- Excellent in planning and coordinating events to ensure contracts are fit for purpose and deliver within the operational budgets.
- An interest in external market factors and industry developments. A proven track record of bringing the outside into your organisation and using this to drive improvements.
We have some amazing challenges ahead, working with the latest communications technology and taking the lead on delivering this technology to the nation. The Head of Technical Contract Management is going to be a pivotal role in this delivery and offers an excellent opportunity for someone to make their mark on the telecoms industry in a fast-paced yet highly-rewarding environment.
To apply for this position please send an updated CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Mandarin speaking Facility Management Specialist
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
CMS Content Builder - Contract - Berkshire
Location: Berkshire, England
Microsoft Unified Communications Lead Architect - Contract
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Digital Content Editor - Contract - Berkshire
Location: Berkshire, England
SC Cleared* Solaris Architect - Southend - Contract
Location: Southend-On-Sea, Essex