- To provide engineering services to the survey, design, installation and ongoing operation of multi-operator In-Building mobile network solutions across the UK.
- This role will be under the guidance of the Operations Director and will perform all tasks required to support the engineering of the in-building systems and meet or exceed customer's expectations.
- The role will include developing the skills required to engineer in-building mobile network systems.
- Responsible for completing site surveys using Radio test equipment, producing site designs using carrier wave or predictive test tools, and to produce survey and design documents.
- Install and commission transmission and IP routers, cabling and Femtocell equipment. Carry out post integration testing and documentation. Operational monitoring and fault fix activities.
- This role demands a flexible hard-working person and a will to be able to travel anywhere in the UK for surveys and site visits. The role may require walking for up to 8 hours a day around sites carrying out surveys, walk tests or site inspections so requires a good basic level of fitness to succeed.
- To perform radio site surveys, validate and uploading the results onto a central server.
- Recording full details of every site survey to documents that will be used by writers of customer and operator reports.
- To complete when needed site survey and design documents to be provided to network operators and customers.
- To complete Router and Femto-cell site installation and commission activities
- To complete and report on site integration testing and post integration surveys.
- To monitor when needed, live sites and equipment from remote monitoring solutions identifying faults and diagnosing how to restore faulty services.
- To attend site to repair or replace faulty equipment
- To be able to analyse and debug KPI performance issues and investigate to a successful resolution
- To ensure stock is maintained and to support business installations and ensure that stock is kept organised and efficiently controlled.
- Issue end of day report to Operations Director on all tasks achieved, issues and plans for next working day.
- To assist the Operations Director as required on other tasks in support of business needs as and when required.
- Science or Engineering degree qualified
- CSCS Card covering minimum CITB Health and Safety training essential before starting or immediately within first weeks of role commencement.
- Must be PC literate and able to use word, excel, PowerPoint with ability to quickly learn Radio engineering software packages (TEMs and iBwave)
- Numerate with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Understanding of GSM, WCDMA and LTE standards and messaging protocols a bonus.
- Knowledge of general network principles, switch configurations and routers an advantage
- Good basic fitness level and is comfortably able to spend what can be up to 8 hours per day walking around customer sites for surveys.
If you have the skills required for this opportunity, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.