First Line Support Agent (Customer Service) - Fujitsu
customer advisor - customer service - call centre - call centre agent - customer support - trouble shooting - helpline - help desk - support team - product support - customer care - customer service representative - customer service agent - inbound customer service representative - 1st line support - 1st line service
Fujitsu has been delivering innovative solutions to improve people's lives for over 80 years. Today, innovation continues to be at the very heart of everything we do, with Human Centric Innovation - bringing together people, information and infrastructure - being the key to creating a more connected and sustainable society. By continuing to work together with our customers we will harness the new power of ICT to transform their businesses and help to solve social issues.
The working environment
We want to ensure tomorrow's digital workforce has the right skills, behaviours and positive attitude needed to succeed in their careers. To achieve this goal, we are committed to providing a great place for our employees to work while developing a diverse, inclusive and enabled workforce. We aim to create an environment where everyone can be themselves and feel able to contribute to the success of the Company. So, if you are talented, enthusiastic and keen to make a difference - you can succeed in our organisation.
Fujitsu has extensive experience delivering relevant end-user support services and business focused outcomes on a global scale. Our Service Desk that we deliver for the Ministry of Defence (MOD) provides vital 24x7x365 support to over 200,000 MOD users, wherever they maybe - in offices, on ships or on the battlefield, anywhere in the world.
We are looking for reliable and enthusiastic customer service agents to join our expanding team, giving the right candidates the opportunity to kick-start their career in IT. In this role, as a First Line Agent you will be a key team member responsible for taking support calls and resolving queries, so excellent communication and customer service skills are a pre-requisite for all candidates.
- Business aware - be able to develop an intimate understanding of the customer's environment to enable excellent service delivery.
- Problem solving - take ownership and responsibility for basic technical customer issues by asking relevant questions and resolving typical problems.
- Proactive - be able to identify and escalate more complex issues to second line agents, as necessary.
- Process driven - record actions taken to resolve customer problems using established processes and systems.
- Analytical - monitor performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Team working - be able to work as a team player, viewed by colleagues as a helpful and effective.
The ideal candidate
Fujitsu will provide full training for the role, but candidates should be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Basic IT Knowledge
- Sound knowledge of customer services and relationship management
- Drive and determination
- Excellent time management
- Tolerance and understanding
- Can work well under pressure with flexibility
For the right candidate, this is an excellent opportunity to join a leading global IT organisation offering excellent long-term career prospects. Initially, the role will be a 6-month temporary contract. Successful candidates will then be offered a permanent role with Fujitsu which can provide a springboard to further their career, opening the door to a multitude of possibilities, including managerial or technical roles.
The initial rate of pay is £7.83 which will increase to £8.75 after you have completed your Security Clearance checks, and we have received and verified your references. Normal working hours are on an 8-hour shift basis working anytime between 7am and 7pm on weekdays and weekends (weekends and Bank Holidays are on an occasional basis, with individuals working around one weekend in 10 as a guide).
Fujitsu in Defence & National Security
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.