Financial Planning & Analysis Manager - Telecoms - Berkshire - Contract
Leading Mobile Operator in Berkshire require an FP&A Manager on an ongoing contract basis.
This senior role will involve reporting to and engaging with senior stakeholder / board level.
- The Financial Planning and Analysis team responsible for the P&L production and analysis of monthly management and shareholder reporting, plus delivering and improving the business forecasting and budgeting.
- As part of this team, the role, along with 2 direct report, is responsible for ensuring insightful monthly management reporting is delivered to management and shareholder in a timely, accurate and simple way.
- This role also manages the Systems Accountant, the go-to person for the Finance Team to ensure systems continuity that enables the production of timely and accurate Financial Accounts and Reporting.
- This is an exciting role that requires an individual who is capable of providing clear and insightful management reporting whilst achieving deadlines. You must have a pro-active and get it done attitude, be flexible in a fast-moving environment and have excellent interpersonal skills with all seniority levels.
The Main Description:
- Own month end, forecast & budget presentation packs and Management Pack, ensure they communicate key messages, suggest and incorporate changes to format where necessary.
- Own Investor Relations Financial reports. Work with our External Communications team to ensure reporting is completed on a timely basis to support releases; support team in building clear and simple message around financial results.
- Own Budget and forecasting timetable, work with wider FP&A team to ensure detailed timetables fit to achieve group deadlines.
- Be the key liaison with group on month end, forecast & interim/annual results queries.
- Review Management reporting/KBIs & drive changes where required.
- Own flash report - assess whether changes necessary, ensure accuracy and timely production.
- Own 10 year plan model - update and challenge the assumptions. Work with wider Business to review inputs on a timely basis to ensure they are relevant and drive insight on which to base decision making.
- Manage and support the development of 2 Direct Reports.
- Drive ownership and adherence to reporting deadlines.
- Providing ad hoc analysis to support senior finance team.
Skills, Experience and Qualification.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA)
- Higher level of academic qualifications (e.g. degree)
- Excellent MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills
- Previous hands on experience in the consolidation, preparation and delivery of monthly financial analysis.
- Experience of interfacing with commercial teams.
- Report writing for a senior management audience
Nice to Have:
- Experience of Hyperion/ Smartview/ Essbase and Oracle
- Telecoms background
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.