Financial Accountant (ACA) - Permanent - Berkshire
A leading mobile telecoms company is searching for a Financial Accountant to join their team in Berkshire on a permanent basis.
The Financial Accountant will join an expanding team and will support the Financial Accounting Manager. You will work on various financial accounting and reporting tasks.
- To work with the Finance Manager and the Finance and Reporting Manager to carry out routine month end and year end accounting and reporting activities.
- Provide technical knowledge and support and help with professional development of more junior members of the finance team
- Ensuring adequacy of financial controls and procedures affecting the finance operations (payables, receivables, sub-ledger accounting, inter-company balances and general financial reporting compliance)
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC VAT and generally accepted accounting principles
- Liaising with Shareholders regarding any GAAP changes and conversion
- Producing monthly management accounts information and analysis for internal customers, senior management and Shareholders
- Preparing the year end financial statements and liaising with external auditors
- Identifying and driving improvement required to financial reporting, forecasting and financial controls
- Maintaining balance of cash funding from Shareholders within the joint venture and lead any settlement discussion in case of disputes
- Leading the finance internal control steering committee with shareholders and maintaining the internal control matrix
Skills and Experience Required:
- An ACA qualified chartered accountant
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of financial control process and systems
- Experience of dealing with end to end accounting processes
- Experience of VAT and Corporate tax
- Familiarity with the latest Accounting and Reporting Standards
- A background in financial practice
- Independent / self-starter. Ability to manage own workload effectively.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.