To support the Finance Manager to deliver a trusted Business Partnering relationship through collaboration with our Shareholders and the Internal Finance directorates to enable accurate and reliable financial reporting from which key decisions on the strategic direction of the network can be made.
The Financial Accounting and Reporting team manages the company's financial and management reporting system. The team is responsible for ensuring internal process are compliant with financial rules and regulations. The team is responsible for the financial operations including fixed assets, account supplier payments, customer receivables, cash management, VAT and Corporate Tax.
The role presents a great opportunity to gain experience within the fast-paced telecoms industry and the opportunity to learn from a high performing and well-established Finance and Commercial Finance teams.
- Work with the Finance Manager and the Finance and Reporting Manager to carry out routine month end and year end accounting and reporting activities.
- Provide technical knowledge and support and help with professional development of more junior members of the finance team.
- Provide support to the Financial Accounting manager with the following activities:
- Ensuring adequacy of financial controls and procedures affecting the finance operations (payables, receivables, sub-ledger accounting, intercompany balances and general financial reporting compliance)
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC VAT and generally accepted accounting principles
- Liaising with Shareholders regarding any GAAP changes and conversion
- Producing monthly management accounts information and analysis for internal customers, management and Shareholders
- Preparing the year-end financial statements and liaising with external auditors
- Identifying and driving improvement required to financial reporting, forecasting and financial controls
- Maintaining balance of cash funding from Shareholders within the joint venture and lead any settlement discussion in case of disputes
- Leading the finance internal control steering committee with shareholders and maintaining the internal control matrix
- Challenge the status quo, keep abreast of the external market and use this to drive improvements, continuous improvements and learning
- Provide feedback and recognition across the whole organisation
- Be a true service provider - understand your customers needs and encourage your team to deliver a great service internally and externally
- A qualified chartered accountant, ideally a fully qualified ACA
- Strong excel ability
- Experience of financial control process and systems
- Experience of dealing with end to end accounting processes
- Experience of VAT and Corporate tax
- Familiarity with the latest Accounting and Reporting Standards
- Good knowledge of various accounting software packages
If you believe you have the skills required for this position, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Revenue Assurance Specialist
Location: Berkshire, England
Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: South West London, London
Location: Berkshire, England
Project Manager (m/f) Mission Critical Networks
Location: City of London, London