Finance Data Analyst:
Exciting permanent opportunity working for an Innovation and Technology multi-national conglomerate.
Key Purpose of Role
- Assist the International Carrier Services team and OpCos´ Finance teams, understand where the group stands versus its annual strategic objectives and budgets and where the operational and financial indicators show it is going;
- Ensure that commercial agreements are continuously optimised on Group level.
- Defining and agreeing reporting models and contents with the OpCos and business areas; and
- Agreeing a framework and set of criteria for steering with the OpCos.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for analysing commercial proposals and ensuring they make commercial sense from the Group perspective;
- Responsible for monitoring performance on commercial agreements (volume, commitments, permanent roaming, QoS) and ensuring that OpCos have the relevant information through steering guidance to steer traffic;
- Work with OpCos' retail/enterprise/IoT teams to evaluate and propose solutions and new business opportunities based on analysis;
- Support the Group Regulatory team with insights in market development in relation to International Carrier Services;
- Responsible for the analysis of traffic flows and underlying costs and revenues for different OpCos across the world from both an individual and consolidated perspective;
- Ensure best practice and cost saving options are identified through analysis and findings are shared across OpCos;
- Responsible for identifying areas and underlying drivers of under-performance and work with account management teams in International Carrier Services and OpCos to propose actions and solutions;
- Responsible for analysing operational and financial impact of external factors, such as new regulation, at individual OpCos and at Group level.
Experience and Expertise:
- Analysis of large complex data sets.
- SQL and enhanced SQL required
- Have worked with different streams and feeds of data
- A good understanding of key financial and commercial metrics and their impact on the business
- Impact analysis
- Working with financial data - cost, revenue, margin & budget as well as traffic data (roaming traffic data would be ideal but not essential)
- Enhanced reporting experience required
- Understanding the basics of mobile network, interconnect and international roaming;
- Analytical and open minded to identify trends and thereby understand what could be possible "tipping points".
Skills and Approach:
- Highly skilled communicator - both verbally and in writing;
- Open minded to new ways of working (including support systems);
- Driven and proactive with initiative to put forward own proposals for improvements;
- Ability to think conceptually, strategically and pragmatically;
- Proven excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and adapt to changing customer demand and business conditions;
- Proactive and able to act with independence and integrity;
- High degree of confidentiality;
- Ability to manage own work load and time effectively to meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across a multi-disciplined team;
- Creative thinker;
- Collaborative working style;
- Possess a can-do attitude and driven by the desire to get the best collective result for the Group.
To apply for this position please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.