Evolved Packet Core Databuild Engineer - EPC/4G/LTE/IP/Design
Recruiting immediately and on an initial 6 month contract basis, for a Telecoms client in the Reading area.
Our client is looking for a Core Network Engineer to work on EPC/LTE in a design and delivery environment.
This position resides in the Core Networks Design team; a team which is accountable for ensuring the delivery of all Designs for LTE EPC, LTE IMS, CS / PS core and Interconnect management.
What the role involves
- Accountable for the technical delivery of solutions for Mobile Packet Core networks.
- Preparation and application of configuration data for both new and existing elements in the network.
- Creation of records including databuild
- Quality check data before application to the Network to ensure that input errors are kept to a minimum
- Planning and Scheduling Implementation with Operations Team and communications for related changes
- Delivery to Operations of databuild to support planned changes
- Post Implementation audits interrogation at element level
- Working closely with other departments to support optimisation activities and data related faults.
- Act as a central point of reference for databuild / datafil queries. For both Lab and Live Network changes
- Technical process & procedure reviews.
- Provides input to Low Level System Designs for 3G and 4G Data Core, whether the designs be done internally, or externally.
- Work with local and outsourced Vendor designs and be responsible for design deliveries for LTE EPC and the core interface to other network elements & solutions for example.
- Collaborate with Core Operations to ensure design process outputs are translated into accurate node configuration and Method of Procedure integration documentation.
- Experience of mobile telecoms.
- Good technical knowledge of 3G and LTE-SA telecommunication networks.
- Solid IT (PC, Unix and Networking) and Telecommunication skills.
- Strong IP/skills - Experience of either Samsung and or Nokia-Siemens Switching products SAE-GW and MMEs, ATCA and DX SGSNs
- Shall be able to demonstrate an understanding of end to end configuration including SIGTRAN, Radius, Diameter, and DNS
- Experience of working with Designs.
- Good understanding of Operational and Business support systems. Remedy or ITSM
- Project lifecycle understanding.
- Good time management and decision making in order to work to deadlines.
- Effective communication skills
In order to apply for the role, please send your most recent CV to Richard Gallagher by emailing Richard.Gallagher@projectpeople.com and your application will be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.