Exciting permanent opportunity available with a leading water/pumping solutions organisation for a project estimator with proven experience in an engineering environment and strong IT Programme skills/experience.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
- Dealing with all aspects of client liaison & design including preparations of quotations for a range of contract values including site inspections & meetings where required to deliver the most balanced commercially advantageous / reliable solution.
- To provide designs & quotations, which achieve a level of orders to meet forecast sales or better.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To receive enquiries either by telephone, e-mail, post or from sales representatives.
- Following enquiry obtain any clarifications as required to enable proposal to be prepared.
- To interpret Clients requirements or those of any specifications provided or generally applicable to a particular type of pump station & prepare a proposal including a quotation to provide the most balanced commercially advantageous / reliable solution.
- Manage own workload to ensure requested deadlines for proposals are met.
- To ensure Data Management Systems are maintained.
- To ensure Sales Director / Area Sales Manager are informed of any proposals prepared & any ongoing communications with potential Clients.
- To liaise with Clients & Suppliers.
- To undertake a peer review of colleagues proposals.
- To use software packages to select pumps as available.
- To use in house design & quotation spreadsheets & formats ensuring latest revisions are used at all times.
- To provide feedback on competitors products & quotations when information becomes available.
- To attend site meetings & undertake site inspections when required.
- The post-holder must comply with the Company's Health and Safety requirements as outlined in the H&S policy.
- To undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines
- IT literacy - database management systems, microsoft windows,
- Proven experience of dealing with external customers via telephone and face to face
- CAD knowledge and experience advantageous
To apply for this position please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.