Applying for this position, you'll have a chance to become part of the Facilities and Equipment Engineering team which has the role of supporting the III-V production and product development teams in making their devices. The successful applicant will work with a team of technicians and engineers within the cleanrooms, laboratories and service areas.
Your scope of responsibilities will include:
- Support the process equipment within semiconductor processing facility to maintain optimum tool uptime and reduce unexpected tool outages.
- First line diagnostic skills with on call engineer backup.
- Use experience and knowledge fault find tools such as vacuum, mechanical and electronics.
- Work with specialist 3rd party suppliers to maintain the building engineer facilities, such as DI water, specialist gases and HEVAC equipment.
- Work in accordance with the quality and safety policies.
- Time served apprenticeship in an engineering discipline (or working towards recognised qualification)
- Some experience in semiconductor equipment and facilities maintenance, such as chemical handling, repairing electronic equipment.
- Proven track record of supporting a production line.
- Forklift licence is an asset.
- Able to follow strict instructions and to work calmly under pressure.
- Proactive and innovative team player who is also capable of working independently.
- Displays a positive approach to working and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Supportive of company culture and ethos.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.