Our client is developing advance optoelectronic devices for the next generation of communication network. It has a proven track record of innovation over many years, and now looking to recruit a number of exciting new roles.
Job Context: Part of the Facilities and Equipment Engineering team which, as a small unit, requires flexible cross boundary working. This team has the role of supporting the III-V production and product development teams in making their devices. The successful applicant will work with a small team of technicians and engineers within the cleanrooms, laboratories and service areas.
- Main Responsibilities: Support the process equipment within our semiconductor processing facility to maintain optimum tool uptime and reduce un-expected tool outages.
- First line diagnostic skills with on call engineer backup.
- Use experience and knowledge fault find tools such as vacuum, mechanical and electronics
- Work with specialist 3rd party suppliers to maintain the building engineer facilities, such as DI water, specialist gases and HEVAC equipment.
- Work in accordance with the CIP quality and safety policies;
- Any other adhoc duty as requested by the Facility Manager.
Time served apprenticeship in an engineering discipline (or working towards recognised qualification)
Some experience in semiconductor equipment and facilities maintenance; such as chemical handling , repairing electronic equipment ,
Proven track record of supporting a production line.
Working a 2 shift rotation.
Fork lift driver
Must be able to follow strict instructions when instructed to do so.
Able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines;
Proactive and innovative team player who is also capable of working independently;
Displays a positive approach to working and actively seeks to share ideas and information with colleagues;
Able to demonstrate attention to detail;
Good communication and interpersonal skills which show an understanding of the varying levels and cultures within the organisation;
Ability to ensure prioritisation of workloads dovetails with the needs of the business;
Has a flexible approach to working;
Supportive of company culture and ethos.
If you are interested in applying, please call Lin, 0118 928 5550 or send your latest CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.