Our client, a leader in developing advanced optoelectronic devices for the next generation of communications networks and a proven track record of innovation over many years, are now looking to recruit:
Equipment Technician (Shift)
Location - Ipswich, Suffolk
Salary dependent upon experience plus benefits
The role is based within a clean room and laboratory conditions where tasks will follow documented instructions and specifications in an ISO9001 controlled environment.
Reports To: Facility Manager
Part of the Facilities and Equipment Engineering team which, as a small unit, requires flexible cross boundary working. This team has the role of supporting the III-V production and product development teams in making their devices. The successful applicant will work with a small team of technicians and engineers within the cleanrooms, laboratories and service areas.
- Main Responsibilities: Support the process equipment within our semiconductor processing facility to maintain optimum tool uptime and reduce un-expected tool outages.
- First line diagnostic skills with on call engineer backup.
- Use experience and knowledge fault find tools such as vacuum, mechanical and electronics
- Work with specialist 3rd party suppliers to maintain the building engineer facilities, such as DI water, specialist gases and HEVAC equipment.
- Work in accordance with the client based quality and safety policies;
- Any other adhoc duty as requested by the Facility Manager.
- Time served apprenticeship in an engineering discipline (or working towards recognised qualification).
- Some experience in semiconductor or microprocessor equipment, microelectronic or high-spec electronic devices/equipment (PCB).
- Facilities maintenance; such as chemical handling, repairing electronic equipment.
- Proven track record of supporting a production line.
- Able to work calmly under pressure to tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Proactive and innovative team player who is also capable of working as part of a team or independently.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills: displaying a positive approach to new ideas, flexibility and driving continuous improvement.
- Supportive of the company culture and ethos.
- Ability to work both days and shift pattern work.
Candidates must be eligible to, and hold all relevant finalized paperwork, to live and work in the UK. Copies of Passports and Visas will be requested.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.