Main Purpose of Role:
- The IT Enterprise Architect is responsible for aligning the IT strategy to that of the business to enable it to meet it's current and future needs.
- The role holder must possess a solid combination of solution design, technical implementation and communication skills and be highly experienced in stakeholder management.
- They are also responsible for establishing the architecture and design principles and enforcing these lining managnig a team consisting of Business Analysis, Solution Design and Test Management.
- Working with the Head of IT to set the strategic direction for the businesses enterprise architecture, establish and set the overall IT design principles.
- Working with senior business SME's to understand the strategic direction of the company and align IT Architecture principles and strategy accordingly.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of the Enterprise architecture and stay abreast of new and emerging technologies.
- To drive the outcome and ensure that full end to end requirements are captured, solutions are risk assessed, validated for quality, fit for purpose and aligned with IT strategy.
- Present architectural solutions to technical governance forums and business stakeholders.
- Establish design principles for Change roadmap projects and work with IT Operations to ensure successful transition into service.
- Establish and enforce the architecture principles and standards across the enterprise and project delivery teams.
- Lead the design authority function and ensure this includes relevant subject matter experts to enforce the governance of design of the company.
- Produce As-Is / To-Be scenarios leveraging the current systems architecture to ensure the most successful outcomes
- Manage, develop and motivate the IT Architecture team, consisting of Business Analysts, Solution Designer and Test Management.
- Conduct regular reviews with all team members, creating personal development plans(PDP) including setting and agreeing clear objectives.
- Focus on growing talent and creating an environment where people can thrive and deliver their best work.
- Ensure that all people processes (including resourcing, performance management, recognition and reward) are undertaken to agreed standards and timeframes.
- Manage Stakeholder expectations regarding appropriate milestones and deadlines.
- Serve as technical consultant to leaders in the business and functional user groups.
- Providing supervision and guidance to project teams to ensure project success.
Compliance and Security:
- Ensuring IT Security standards are incorporated by design, ensuring compliance to the required standards (ISO27001) and supporting improvement initiatives and protecting the business from risks arising from data loss.
- To support and contribute actively to health and safety, environmental, business continuity and information security arrangements that meets our obligations to our customers and maintain compliance with the ISO Standards.
- Experienced IT leader within a corporate environment
- Experience in Integration Architecture
- Delivery methodologies including waterfall and agile practices.
- Experience of Business Analysis, Test practices and tools
- Strong technical contract management background and 3rd Party management
- Strong People management
- Extensive experience of working with IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
Skills & Knowledge
- Advanced analytical skills that enable comprehension and resolution of complex business and technical issues
- Strong operational process and procedure development
- Commercial acumen and supplier management exposure
- Excellent inter-personal skills and abilities in managing stakeholders and matrix teams.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to explain the impact of technical issues to non-technical stakeholders.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Location: Hampshire, England
Senior Network Architect
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Information Security Consultant
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Location: Cork City, Cork