Engineering Procurement Manager
- Salary dependent upon experience plus benefits
- Based in Berkshire, UK
Our client is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through their dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, they have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
- Responsible for organizing and participating in the selection and management of suppliers in the UK&I area.
- In charge of a sizeable volume or key project purchasing programme.
- Able to build long-term and stable partnership relationships with key suppliers according to headquarters'/ region's procurement strategies, in order to maintain continuity of supply, to reduce the synthetical cost of procurement, and to obtain competitive advantage in procurement area.
- Analyze procurement demand and the market, to achieve objectives of procurement cost control and lower general cost of procurement according to headquarter / region's strategies.
- Identify risks from the ever evolving procurement environment, set up and implement a risk mitigation plan to maintain consistent supply levels.
- Organize communication with suppliers periodically according to the requirements of that category to build durable relationships with suppliers.
- Gather and analyze research material on markets and clients' information for the sourcing of potential suppliers to ensure validity of procurement strategies.
- Support messaging from senior Purchasing leaders, ensuring supplier expectations are clearly defined and that suppliers are committed to achieving goals and objectives in the areas of Compliance, Quality, Cost Competitiveness and Delivery.
- Drive and enhance supplier understanding of our client management processes and guidelines.
- Develop strategies that strengthen the quality of the organisation's relationship with the supply base by identifying opportunities to continuously improve the effectiveness of communications and supplier relationship building activities.
- Promote and encourage cross functional participation from all areas of the Project Team, and Partners.
- Actively manage sourcing activities relating to business models, via management of RFQ RFP & RFI, key sourcing processes and quotation analysis / negotiation.
- Devise and agree benchmarks and maintain a strong awareness through the investigation of new supply markets and assessing suppliers' capability.
- Strong expertise in Telecoms Engineering Procurement;
- Able to benchmark market pricing and negotiate revised terms with the supplier base accordingly;
- Excellent procurement tool kit (familiarity with running RFI / RFQ processes);
- Hard working spirit, can deliver to tight deadlines and workplace pressures;
- Results orientated;
- Proactive, can-do work attitude;
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- Able to be a credible ambassador for the CEG team, both nationally and if required on a pan-European level;
- A sound understanding of Oracle processes, contract management would be beneficial.
- Strong office system skills (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.