|Job Title:||Digital Scrum Master|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
DIGITAL SCRUM MASTERS required to work for a large telecommunications company based in Berkshire.
- The Digital Team works using an Agile (Scrum) approach, delivering change iteratively across its digital touch. Working within the Digital Planning & Delivery team, you will perform the scrum master role for one of ten cross-functional, self-managing teams. This team will be ring-fenced to deliver its business outcomes as set by the Product Owner, who has a contribution to make to the overall digital channel target.
- You will be responsible for driving business outcomes through multiple iterative deliveries. You will also be following packages of work through the release management delivery lifecycle, proactively bringing together end-to-end technical delivery teams and fostering a collaborative way of working.
- You will be responsible for ensuring your team adheres to agile concepts and principles - but we won't tie you up in knots with doing things by the book - were looking for ideas and inspiration from our scrum masters.
- You will be responsible for a small variable budget and have access to a central larger budget to help deliver on your teams business outcomes.
- You will contribute to the of the scrum master sharing forum and be willing and able to share your insights and individual approaches to the scrum rituals, i.e. the Retrospective.
- You will act as the shield for your team.
Other responsibilities of the Digital Scrum Master
- Work with your scrum team to deliver the business outcomes as agreed with the Product Owner, taking an iterative / MVP approach.
- Manage and facilitate key agile meetings: (e.g. daily stand up, backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective) as well as other key meetings such as Weekly Release and Scrum of Scrums (SOS).
- Remove internal impediments and escalate external impediments outside of the teams control via the Scrum of Scrums (SOS) forum
- Resource planning for the team, identifying any additional resource needs (such as additional developers, SMEs), agrees allocation of resources with the Lead Digital Scrum Master, releases team members when not fully utilised, manages the resource and timing aspect of releases
- The Digital Scrum Master will be responsible for Sprint planning and working with the team to accept stories that can be broken down into all tasks.
- Work with the Product Owner to ensure the product back log is groomed and stories are ready for sprint planning
- Produce and maintain a perpetual rolling three-month plan to provide confidence of your micro-team`s capability of hitting its business outcomes.
- Proactively liaise with your development manager and with the Online Operations team for end to end implementation, including all deployment activity and required hard dates.
- Facilitate quarterly team health checks.
- The Digital Scrum Master will support the team members to become fully collaborative and to develop their skills to become t-shaped.
- Act as an advocate for agile delivery methodology across the digital team and CIO
- Seek agile best practice and share with other scrum masters and the wider digital team.
The successful Digital Scrum Master will have:
- Passion for the scrum master role
- An insane pride in your work and delivery
- Self-starter highly motivated and articulate. Ability to solve complex problems and take brave decisions
- Doggedness to remove impediments
- An approach that lends itself to continuous learning
- Proven delivery experience within a complex IT environment with significant volume of change
- Experience of applying different delivery methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean and Waterfall
- Ability to manage multiple projects / deliveries simultaneously
- Proven ability to lead and coach multi discipline, matrix technical delivery teams in collaborative and iterative methodologies
- Highly customer-focused approach. Demonstrable focus on delivering brilliant customer experiences
- Digital savviness. Past experience operating in a digital organisation.
To apply for the Digital Scrum Master please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.