Digital Scrum Master
Based in Berkshire
Interested in joining the UK's fastest-growing mobile network? We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Scrum Master to join our client's exciting Digital team. You'll have the opportunity to work with highly motivated individuals who collaborate to improve our customer experience across all our digital platforms.
Working within the Digital Planning & Delivery team, you will perform the Scrum Master role for one of 10 cross-functional, self-managing teams. Each team has dedicated resource to deliver its business outcomes as set by the Product Owner, who has a contribution to make to the overall digital channel target.
- You will be responsible for driving business outcomes through multiple iterative deliveries
- Work with the scrum team to deliver the business outcomes as agreed with the Product Owner, taking an iterative/MVP approach.
- You will ensure delivery of work packages into the business, coordinating with end-to-end technical delivery teams and fostering collaborative ways of working.
- Teach, implement and adhere to scrum practices and values
- Remove internal impediments and escalate impediments outside of the team's control via the Scrum of Scrums (SOS) forum and other regular meetings.
- Facilitate the correct resourcing and skill profiles for the team, and escalate as required.
- Be responsible for the Organisation, facilitation and ongoing improvement of all scrum events, and maintaining sprint integrity.
- Provide expertise in working with the Product Owner to create user stories that can be completed in an iteration, and broken down into small tasks by the team
- Work with the Product Owner to ensure the product backlog is "DEEP" - visible, refined and current.
- Work with the Product Owner to produce and maintain a visible, rolling long term plan / road-map to provide confidence of your scrum team's capability of hitting its business outcomes
- Track and communicate team velocity and progress towards a release
- Proactively liaise with the Digital Operations team and Delivery Manager for end to end implementation, including all deployment activity and required hard dates.
- Proactively liaise with Business Project Managers, Technical Delivery Managers and Deployment managers, where required, for end to end implementation, including all test and deployment activities. Help the teams to articulate and manage risks, issues and dependencies across all the scrum teams
- Facilitate quarterly team health checks
- Support the scrum team to become fully collaborative and to develop their skills to become t-shaped
- Create an environment where empowered, motivated and protected teams can thrive
- Help the team to delight its stakeholders by delivering high value, early and often
- Seek agile best practice and share with other scrum masters and the wider digital team.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of applying different delivery methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean and Waterfall
- Proven delivery experience within a complex IT environment with significant volume of change
- Thorough understanding of iterative development, incremental delivery and software development processes and life-cycle
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/deliveries simultaneously
- Proven ability to lead and coach
- Highly customer-focused approach.
- Demonstrable focus on delivering brilliant customer experiences
- Digital savviness and past experience operating in a digital organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate an active interest in agile, the agile community, and your ongoing learning
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV to Rachel.Hart@projectpeople.com
Suitable candidates will be contacted before shortlisting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
HEAD OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT (Retail, travel, e-commerce)
Location: Oxfordshire, England
Head of Software Development
Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
Salary: Market Rates
Mandarin Speaking IT Senior Engineer
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary
Programme Manager / Consultant - Back office systems (Telecoms)
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive daily rate
Talent Acquisition Specialist - IT / Engineering
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary: PMI, Bonuses,Commission,25 days holiday,Parking