DIGITAL SCRUM MASTER required to work for a large telecommunications company based in Berkshire.
The Digital Team is at the heart of our multichannel strategy and at the centre of innovation and customer experience.
In the Digital team we have created a culture of empowerment and creativity and we recognize people who can bring new ideas and new ways of working into the team. You will join a scrum master function with a thriving community of practice, who will welcome your insight and enthusiasm.
If you're a scrum master with a passion for digital then we want to hear from you. The environment you'll join - and need to embrace - is incredibly fast-paced and utterly focused on the end customer. If you're insight-led and iteration-mad then the Digital team could be the place for you.
Responsibilities of the Digital Scrum Master include:
- You will be responsible for driving business outcomes through multiple iterative deliveries
- Work with the scrum team to deliver the business outcomes as agreed with the Product Owner, taking an iterative/MVP approach.
- You will ensure delivery of work packages into the business, coordinating with end-to-end technical delivery teams and fostering collaborative ways of working.
- Teach, implement and adhere to scrum practices and values
- Remove internal impediments and escalate impediments outside of the team's control via the Scrum of Scrums (SOS) forum and other regular meetings.
- Facilitate the correct resourcing and skill profiles for the team, and escalate as required.
- Be responsible for the Organisation, facilitation and ongoing improvement of all scrum events, and maintaining sprint integrity.
- Provide expertise in working with the Product Owner to create user stories that can be completed in an iteration, and broken down into small tasks by the team
- Work with the Product Owner to ensure the product backlog is "DEEP" - visible, refined and current.
- Work with the Product Owner to produce and maintain a visible, rolling long term plan / roadmap to provide confidence of your scrum team's capability of hitting its business outcomes
- Track and communicate team velocity and progress towards a release
- Proactively liaise with the Digital Operations team and Delivery Manager for end to end implementation, including all deployment activity and required hard dates.
- Proactively liaise with Business Project Managers, Technical Delivery Managers and Deployment managers, where required, for end to end implementation, including all test and deployment activities. Help the teams to articulate and manage risks, issues and dependencies across all the scrum teams
- Facilitate quarterly team health checks
- Support the scrum team to become fully collaborative and to develop their skills to become t-shaped
- Create an environment where empowered, motivated and protected teams can thrive
- Help the team to delight its stakeholders by delivering high value, early and often
- Seek agile best practice and share with other scrum masters and the wider digital team.
The successful Digital Scrum Master will have:
- Experience of applying different delivery methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean and Waterfall
- Proven delivery experience within a complex IT environment with significant volume of change
- Thorough understanding of iterative development, incremental delivery and software development processes and lifecycle
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/deliveries simultaneously
- Proven ability to lead and coach
- Highly customer-focused approach.
- Demonstrable focus on delivering brilliant customer experiences
- Digital savviness and past experience operating in a digital organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate an active interest in agile, the agile community, and your ongoing learning
To apply for the Digital Scrum Master please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.