|Job Title:||Digital QA Analyst|
|REF:||CC - QA_1550060695|
|Contact Name:||Christopher Casey|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Digital QA Analyst
Berkshire, 6 Month Contract
This is an exciting opportunity for a QA Analyst to be immersed in a fast-paced and fun, digitally-focused environment. Working as the only QA across two microteams, the successful candidate will be responsible for testing new releases across all digital platforms - mobile, tablet and web.
You'll work closely with Product Owners and developers to define user stories and requirements, having active input to ensure they're testable and deliver real business or customer benefit. Responsible for creating your own test plans and test cases, you'll work with the support of your microteams to complete testing on time and to the appropriate standard.
Day-to-day activities and responsibilities of the role include:
- Reviewing all forms of project documentation including Business Requirements Specifications documents, technical briefs, designs and wireframes
- Work with Product Owners to define acceptance criteria and produce test plans
- Review acceptance criteria with scrum teams, Product Owners, developers, Site Builders and interact with Project Managers and Test Environment Managers
- Provide updates on testing progress or other activities to the QA Manager and other teams
- Analyse and investigate issues found in testing and work to resolve these with the relevant people (other testers, Product Owners, environment teams, developers and Site Builders)
- Work closely with other functions within the Online team such as design, user experience, developers, operational support and teams outside the online team such as marketing and campaign teams
- Carry out test execution using predominantly UAT testing techniques but also static, integration and system testing methods
Experience Required in this role:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced digital environment
- Dynamic and engaging with a real passion for quality and testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible in approach and attitude with a consistent focus on quality
- UAT and front-end testing experience with particular focus on 'look-and-feel'
- Ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders and effectively articulate and justify test estimates
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and methodologies (e.g. Agile, V-Model, Waterfall)
- Knowledge of software testing terms and their application e.g. black box testing, test harness/test stub (e.g. the theory and application of that theory)
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation or relevant working experience.
- Specific application knowledge - JIRA, Quality Center
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Automation skills or desire to progress with Automation
- Specific software and programming knowledge - HTML, Java.
If you have the relevant skills for this opportunity, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire
Location: Berkshire, England
Reward Analyst / Compensation Analyst
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive day rate
Business Process Analyst
Location: Berkshire, England