Our client, a leading telecoms provider are currently recruiting for a Digital Data Architect to join their existing team.
As the Data Architect, you will work closely with the product owners, consultants and solution architects from internal / partner organisations to ensure our data driven principle is lived and breathed in every proposition that we deliver and ultimately support our big data programme. It will be the responsibility of this role to drive the data roadmap and ensure proposed solutions align to the roadmap, principles, and policies engaging and collaborating with Enterprise, Domain and Solution Architects.
The role will involve:
- Partnering with business and technical stakeholders to understand and capture business problems (e.g. create compelling products around identity and aggregated insights) and identify data opportunities.
- Contributing to the development of the data strategy and roadmap and ensuring it aligns and supports the business and technology roadmaps and enables the expected business outcomes.
- Communicating solution approaches to technical and non-technical stakeholders that address short term business needs but evolve to support long term needs and to align to the data roadmap. Advise on approach and tradeoffs.
- Working with architects, subject matter experts and developers to understand the technology landscape and produce integrated end-to-end solution options that manifest the data roadmap.
- Owning the definition and the maintenance of Data Assets (current, target and transitions).
- Acting as a trusted advisor across the business.
- Working with the business owner as technical liaison in conversations with prospective partners
- Developing concepts and complete DPI assessments to ensure compliance with data protection legislation (with particular focus on GDPR)
- Advising and supporting on all aspects of data governance.
- Developing knowledge base articles
- Documenting and presenting architecture, models, diagrams to development teams, architecture review board, and technical leadership
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive practical Data architecture experience (including Big Data), with experience in analytics, data protection legislation and data monetisation.
- Extensive consultancy or business partnering experience with the ability to sell ideas and get stakeholders to buy in to new concepts.
- Experience of Strategic Planning, Portfolio Management and developing business roadmaps.
- Extensive experience of documenting target data models and transition states at an Enterprise level.
- Strong peer and senior stakeholder management skills and engagement with exec level sponsors.
- Excellent influencing and persuading skills.
- Exemplary presentation skills that engage an audience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with the ability to explain complex problems in a simple and effective manner.
- Proven experience of influencing major work programmes and business case development.
- Experience of developing and leveraging Architecture Principles.
- Experience working in Agile environments
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Network Architect - Impact Assessment SME
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Data Governance Manager - Strategy
Location: Berkshire, England
Lead Deal Architect - Presales - Bids - Swords
Location: Swords, Dublin
Salary: Exceptional Benefits
Service Operations Manager
Location: Berkshire, England