|Job Title:||DevOps Lead Engineer - Security Cleared|
|Start Date:||Oct 2018|
|Contact Name:||Paul Read|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
DevOps Lead Engineer
My client is looking for a DevOps engineer to build and lead a new DevOps function. Responsible for developing a set of consistent and repeatable DevOps processes and tooling ensuring availability, automation in an agile CI/CD delivery both on premise and in the cloud. My client are also looking for a DevOps Engineer too.
The successful DevOps engineer will:
- Work with developers to drive the design and development of high-quality technical end to end solution deployments (incl. production, test and dev environments).
- Work with existing operation teams to ensure efficiencies and drive new ways of working
- Provide a consistent approach to DevOps across existing teams and projects
- Provide quantified delivery estimates for assigned changes & projects. Manages demand as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manage all assigned DevOps projects or continuous improvement activities within change initiatives, projects or programme to fully meet the defined functional and non-functional requirements within budget and timescale.
- Model best practice, acting as a role model for more junior members of the DevOps team.
DevOps Engineer skills:
- Strong people and leadership skills with experience of driving cultural change
- A demonstrable understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Has demonstrable experience delivering high availability auto scaling containerised deployments in AWS or Azure
- Has experience working closely with IT Operations, IT Development and IT Service teams to promote DevOps culture.
DevOps Engineer Technical Skills:
- Cloud Computing services, specifically AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Version control solutions, specifically Git, GitHub, and SVN
- DevOps methods (integration & automation)
- Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling such as Jenkins/Drone
- Configuration management tooling such as Ansible and Puppet
- Automated tested tools such as Selenium
Due to the project, candidates will need to be security cleared to SC level prior to starting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
VMware Technical Lead Architect
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Lead Deal Architect - Presales - Bids - Swords
Location: Swords, Dublin
Salary: Exceptional Benefits
Senior Platform Test Engineer
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Salary: Competetive Salary and Package
Network Design Engineer
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Senior Network Engineer - IP, Cisco
Location: Hertfordshire, England