About The Company
My client, based in London, are a leading Leisure & Tourism company who focus on creating boutique and bespoke travel packages for their customers who want to explore and travel the world in their own unique way. They are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their Technology Team to assist with the move away from monolithic architecture styles to a modular framework focused around an API/service-oriented architecture approach within Azure.
They are embarking on an ambitious and exciting development programme that will see them become a truly digital enabled business. A critical role in this transformation will be played by a new internal platforms team that are responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the platforms that keep internally developed and third-party applications running smoothly.
About The Role
In this role, you will be required to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement. This role will encompass the use of a broad range of Azure based technologies underpinning the company's bespoke in-house systems which cover core sales, reservations, operations, marketing, commercial and financial aspects of their business and operates over multiple offices based in the UK and US.
- Collaboratively working with internal development and BI/QA test teams to build, manage and maintain CI/CD pipelines into development, QA, UAT and Production environments
- Ensure all applications are delivered onto a platform which maintains high availability, performance, scalability and security
- Building tools and automating processes to empower BI, development and QA teams and reduce manual effort
- Proactively suggest recommendations to improve DevOps processes, tooling and solutions
- Taking a lead role on small to medium size DevOps projects
- Deliver quality work to set estimates / time frames
- Providing accurate estimates and effort of work
- Participation in the continuous evolution of DevOps best practices, standards and policies used within the team
- Contribute towards high level design and approach to project work
- Carry out 1st level testing to ensure new processes or amendments to existing are working as expected
- The ability to produce and input into technical documentation for all project work and existing systems
- Assist the internal support teams in investigating escalated issues
About The Person
Skills & Experience Required:
- Detailed hands-on experience within the Azure platform, key services to include App Service Containers, Azure Functions, API Management Gateway and DevTest labs.
- Deep understanding of CI/CD pipeline builds with the ability to design, build and maintain a CI/CD infrastructure and corresponding tools.
- Container concepts and orchestration (preferably Docker).
- Experience supporting and maintaining a complex, multi-server, micro service environment.
- Experience of moving legacy on-premises services to cloud
- Working within a service-oriented architecture
- Understanding of the Software Development Life cycle
- Set-up and operational management of Windows & Linux environments
- A clear and genuine interest in technological trends with the ability to input into technical system level road-maps and offer suggestions based on the needs and demands of the business
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); applicants must be able to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical personnel at all levels
- Self-management of general day-to-day work
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timescales
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Experience of working within an Agile environment would be an advantage
- Planning and Organising - Ability to multi-task and be able to define priorities. Confidence to recognise and deal with arising problems
- Integrity and Sensitivity - Maintaining integrity and discretion despite pressure from time and peers.
- Results Focus and Initiative - The drive, determination and commitment to get things done. To move things forward, achieve, get results and do things better.
- Rapid Response - An ability to think on your feet, focus quickly on the requirements of the situation while at the same time being able to relate to overall goals. Resolving problems under pressure.
- Service Excellence - To recognise user need and identify ways of adding value. To consistently deliver to required standards. To exceed delivery standards.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Oxfordshire, England
Network Architect / Engineer
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: £44000 - £46000 per annum + Bonus + benefits
Senior Security Engineer
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Salary: £1 - £2 per annum
Senior Security Engineer
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
BAU Desktop Engineer
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Salary: Daily Rate