Project People are currently working with a Global Travel Organisation that are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to assist with the move away from monolithic architecture styles to a modular framework focused around an API/service-oriented architecture approach within Azure (Cloud). The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement.
As the DevOps Engineer, you would be responsible for:
- Collaboratively working with internal development and BI/QA test teams to build, manage and maintain CI/CD pipelines into development, QA, UAT and Production environments
- Ensure all applications are delivered onto a platform which maintains high availability, performance, scalability and security
- Building tools and automating processes to empower BI, development and QA teams and reduce manual effort
- Proactively suggest recommendations to improve DevOps processes, tooling and solutions
- Taking a lead role on small to medium size DevOps projects
- Deliver quality work to set estimates / time frames
- Providing accurate estimates and effort of work
- Participation in the continuous evolution of DevOps best practices, standards and policies used within the team
Experience required for this role:
- Detailed hands-on experience within the Azure platform, key services to include App Service Containers, Azure Functions, API Management Gateway and DevTest labs.
- Deep understanding of CI/CD pipeline builds with the ability to design, build and maintain a CI/CD infrastructure and corresponding tools.
- Container concepts and orchestration (preferably Docker).
- Experience supporting and maintaining a complex, multi-server, microservice environment.
Would be an advantage if you have the following experience:
- Experience of moving legacy on-premises services to cloud
- Working within a service-oriented architecture
- Understanding of the Software Development Life cycle (preferably Agile)
- Set-up and operational management of Windows & Linux environments
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Oxfordshire, England
Network Architect / Engineer
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: £44000 - £46000 per annum + Bonus + benefits
Senior Security Engineer
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Salary: £1 - £2 per annum
Senior Security Engineer
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
BAU Desktop Engineer
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Salary: Daily Rate