Senior DevOps Engineer
Basingstoke / Bracknell as required
Are you a DevOps engineer looking for a challenge to build, develop and be responsible for a new DevOps function? Can you be the face of this service to our current and future customers? Do you want to shape your world and change the way the world works? Do you want to collaborate and achieve together with committed people to develop a set of consistent and repeatable DevOps processes and tooling ensuring availability, automation in an agile CI/CD delivery both on premise and in the cloud. This is your world and your opportunity to shape it for the better.
Shape your world
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with a positive and creative attitude who can advise us and our clients and promote DevOps culture. You are someone that can technically grasp what a client wants and be able to talk to non-technical partners within the organisation and junior members of the team to be a major influence in the customer choosing Fujitsu. Your role will involve working closely with customers and with IT Operations, IT Development and IT Service teams to promote DevOps culture. You will have a demonstrable understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle with an in depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, provisioning cloud environments, software configuration management, version control and release management.
- Proven commercial experience with Kubernetes Administration and Docker
- Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling - Jenkins/Drone/Gitlab
- Configuration management tooling such as Ansible and Terraform
- Good knowledge and experience of Database technologies such as Postgres and MariaDB
- Collaboration tooling experience such as the Atlassian toolset
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of Linux (including CentOS), VMWare vSphere, AWS
- Proven ability to own tasks and manage from start to finish including dependencies or stakeholders
- Previous experience being part of a team or projects managed by Agile ceremonies
- Out of hours on call rota to support the platform
- Project based working often fast paced with ability to lean in and assist team members to complete Sprints
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Tommy.clifford@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.