|Job Title:||Device Test Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Warren Moore|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Our client, a leading telecoms organisation, are currently recruiting for a Device Test Engineer to join their existing team. The role sits within Devices and Applications and is accountable for all technical aspects relating to the variety of devices that connect to the clients network. This accountability extends to SIM cards and the application services that the client promotes.
You will be responsible for leading the test and validation of device performance against specified design documents by creating and following your test plan so that the client is able to review and approve the best quality user experience for its customers.
- You will design and create test plans for new technology deployments into the business using the technical requirements produced by the Design team.
- You will be a technology domain expert, responsible for leading a virtual team of test engineers to execute test cases that validate the functionality of devices and application services against pre-agreed performance thresholds that have been provided by the Devices Design team.
- This will include the performance of the radio platform and higher application layers, and may involve the configuration of bench test equipment to create the appropriate scenario required for each test case. Testing may be manual or automated, and based in the office or field.
- You will be accountable for the logging of defects in the appropriate web-based tools as soon as issues are discovered, attaching the necessary information to allow for the issue to be resolved by the technology provider, and an initial indication on the severity of the defect based on perceived business impact.
The ideal candidate
- A domain expert with technical understanding at least one of the following mobile communication technologies, including GSM, WCDMA, HSPA, HSPA+, LTE, IMS o mobile device design and architecture o application service design and architecture o USIM and security aspects of cellular technologies
- Experience in designing and creating test plans for new technology deployments into the business
- Experience of Test Automation processes
- Experience in compiling and presenting test reports
- Project management and organisational management skills
- Confident and articulate, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- An awareness of key factors that influence the business drivers for the client and their technology partners
- Understanding of mobile device test processes, logging, and debug.
- Experience of configuring and using device logging tools and analysing the logs produced to identify defects.
- A numerate degree or equivalent higher level qualification
Nice to Have:
- Vendor management skills
- Understanding of software development processes
- Ability to influence multi-disciplined teams and persuade others
If this role is of interest, please send an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com in the first instance.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.