Device Design Engineer - Mobile
Contract - 12 months!
Based in Berkshire
We have a long term contract opening for a talented Device Engineer with excellent Design ability to join a major mobile brand. In this role you will be working for a leading mobile operator, and will report into the Device Design Manager, delivering high quality technical design projects, researching and creating design documents to help the company offer the best experience to their customers.
Working within the Device and Applications team, you will be accountable for all technical aspects relating to a variety of devices that connect to the network - including SIM cards and application services. You will be responsible for the design and delivery of new device technologies as part of a virtual team under the direction of a Lead Device Architect or a senior member of the Design team.
You should have the following skills to perform this role:
A sound technical understanding at least one of the following:
o mobile communication technologies, including GSM, WCDMA, HSPA, HSPA+, LTE
o mobile device design and architecture
o application service design and architecture
o USIM and security aspects of cellular technologies
* Good technical document authoring
* A strong understanding and ability to drive processes, document control and technical Quality Assurance Procedures
* Ability to influence multi-disciplined teams and persuade others, including external partners
* Significant experience of design or technical strategy in your area of expertise
* Vendor management skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Understanding of mobile device test processes, logging tools (QXDM, DM, ELT, STT, HIDS), and debug
If you would like to be considered for the role, please submit your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.