Our mobile telecoms client is currently recruiting for a Design Engineering Specialist.
The role would predominately be based in their Berkshire office, but will include regular travel.
The main purpose of the role is implementation of active radio and hardware designs via enclosures and design/construction principles.
- Producing design guidance documentation.
- Supporting the manager and producing presentations, aswell as clearly explaining the impact of the design.
- Providing input on site design methodologies relating to efficiencies, safety and cost.
- Assist auditing design compliance.
- Site visits from time to time.
- Maintain radio and hardware areas of design manual.
- On site experience would be highly desirable.
- Integration of active radio designs.
- Engage with stakeholders and provide technical support to design/build suppliers by resolving site specific queries.
The Skills and Person specification
- 2-5 years working in telecoms site design/build environment essential.
- Good understanding of mobile telecoms, radio equipment
- Strong Microsoft office experience is essential including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and ability to create documentation is vital for this position, so verbal and written English skills essential.
- Engineering or construction qualification
- Design and Build compliance audit would be desirable
- On-site experience would be beneficial
- Rigging, build management and installation would be desirable.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.