Based in Berkshire
Currently seeking a talented Design Engineer to join our leading telecoms client based in Berkshire.
- Responsible for the design (HLD & DLD) as well as the technical delivery of the Subscriber Database Management.
- Technically lead your project and support the delivery of all domain solutions through transition including high level design, detailed design, validation and delivery to Operations.
- Support and drive the design and delivery process with key suppliers to understand and influence their approach to deliver best in class end-to-end customer solutions.
- Provide design support to Test and Operations when required.
- Responsible for capacity and performance management of the network elements and interfaces within your domain.
- Responsible for the production and management of all design documentation for the domain at a system and element level including HLDs, DLDs, Impact assessments, Technical requirement specifications, etc.
- Responsible for the technical co-ordination of cross functional delivery teams including network (RAN, Transmission, IP, Service Layer, CS, IMS & VoLTE) and IT delivery specialists (SPML, SOAP, LDAP) to enable the delivery of Mobile circuit and packet core design solutions.
- Responsible & accountable for the technical delivery of innovative on time cross domain and cost effective solutions for the mobile circuit and packet core network ensuring no capacity bottlenecks affect the customer experience.
- Input to delivery plans to ensure that capabilities are delivered to requirements, on time and without negative impact to the service and business KPIs.
- Be the key escalation contact for operational and validation issues and co-ordinate vendors and internal teams to formulate action plans to resolve technical design, test and operational issues (defect and performance).
Skills & Experience Required:
- Good working knowledge of 3G and 4G Mobile Circuit and Packet Core elements and associated interfaces, including key protocols e.g. SIGTRAN, MAP, Diameter, CAP, INAP, LDAP, SPML and SOAP.Good working knowledge of 3G & 4G networks on an end to end basis.
- Good working knowledge on Subscriber Database Management.
- Working design experience on core networks incorporating HLR, HSS, MNP, EIR and subscriber profile.
- Working experience in high level and detail designs, technical requirement specifications, impact assessments, design and deployment experience of key network systems through the full delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover.
- Good understanding of Operational and Business support systems.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution on an end to end basis.
- Vendor management skills and experience.
- Project life cycle understanding.
- Up to date understanding of the LTE network as well as key associated technologies and functionality including IMS, VOLTE and CSFB.
- Knowledge of IP networks, preferably with experience with the prime IP vendor equipment.
- Educated to degree level in a Telecommunications or similar discipline.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV to Rachel.Hart@projectpeople.com
Suitable candidates will be contacted prior to shortlisting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.