Demand Planner/PMO Planner
Primary Purpose and Scope of the Job:
Fantastic contract opportunity for an experienced Demand/PMO planner supporting the demand management function within the Programme Office of my client.
The Demand Planner will ensure the change roadmap, initiation and deliver plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across functional delivery teams and 3rd Parties.
Tracking plans and schedules, performing analysis to identify and resolves critical path and dependency conflicts.
The Demand Planner will be utilising Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
The Demand Planner will be responsible for tracking critical tasks and managing the effective allocation of resources and 3rd Party suppliers to the various Programme Portfolios to ensure successful delivery of the defined business change.
The Demand Planner will be responsible for maintaining a forward forecast of demand across the Portfolios, including Projects and Change Requests and the capacity planning of the delivery teams and 3rd Parties, tracking resource utilisation vs. allocation, and monitoring impact of slippage on resource allocations within the defined portfolio.
The Demand Planner will be responsible for the production of management information to ensure all stakeholders are informed of the most current view of the Programmes health with regard to planned activities against actuals status and are made aware at the earliest opportunity of potential risks and issues to the health of the change roadmap.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure all critical resources and task dependencies are identified and related risks are assessed, communicated, prioritised and managed.
- Develop, track and maintain dependencies across programmes & projects across the portfolios and recommend appropriate actions where there are areas of concern.
- Facilitate the supply of accurate data to support effective prioritisation decisions, providing information regarding constraints, business required dates and slippage.
- Liaise with all parties to ensure programme & project planning submissions are issued in a timely manner to be reviewed prior to planning meetings.
- Chair planning meetings, providing information on new or amended assignments, securing updates and updating the Plan.
- Facilitate the resolution of resource requirement conflicts between the portfolio of programmes, projects and changes.
- Operate within the Programme Office governance processes, supporting both the delivery teams and the business to ensure the right pragmatic balance between control and timely delivery and quality.
- Act as an objective and honest champion for The Programme Office and the business wide Portfolios including Transformation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of planning and scheduling in complex design and development programmes and be able to understand and work with a technical and skill-diverse team.
- Expert experience in MS Project 2010 & 2016 is essential. Additionally, advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Visio would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to apply sound logic when translating information into a logical sequence of events (planning), which require fully linked dependencies.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills. Experience of analysing project plans, dependency management, baseline management and resource usage across a programme portfolio.
- Proficient in portfolio, programme and project risk and issue management
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders cross functionally.
- Displays excellent relationship, influencing and all round communication skills.
- Experience working with external 3rd parties or vendors.
- A working knowledge of project methodologies such as PRINCE2, PMI or Agile.
- An experienced Project/Programme coordinator, PMO support or Project support person within a fast paced medium to large company.
- Experience of portfolio management tools such as Microsoft Enterprise Project Server.
- Good knowledge of SQL or business objects.
- Tenacious, flexible, passionate, resilient and results driven with a persuasive personality.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed.
To apply for this position please send an updated CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.