Decision Support Analyst / Data Analyst / Reporting Analyst
Great contract opportunity with a leading Telecoms organisation available for an experienced Data Analyst with a background working for large scale organisations, providing Analytical data insight around Business cases and propositions.
Joining the the Decision Support team you will be responsible for building business cases, providing cost-benefit analysis), for products and proposals and then subsequently reviewing these after launch to compare success with the original business case (post launch evaluation).
The role is a combination of data mining, analytics and modelling.
More specifically it involves:
- Translating raw data into insights on customer behaviour, usage and trends.
- Data mining in SQL on various database platforms - MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle and Teradata to support business cases.
What else it involves
It`s a role that offers exposure to a wide number of areas in the business including Sales & Marketing, Pricing, CRM & IT.
- Using SQL and Teradata to extract and mine data required to support business cases.
- Performing initial analysis to assess the quality of the data.
- Performing further analysis to determine the meaning of the data.
- Preparing analysis to provide insights and identify trends in the business.
- Building business cases to support tariff and device price changes.
The Skills we are looking for
- Strong experience in programming languages, such as SQL and Teradata
- The ability to analyse, model and interpret data
- A methodical and logical approach
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to interrogate backend databases
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of systems and data queries (SQL or other).
- Experience with data mining in SQL and Teradata & ability to convert this into insights.
- Self-sufficient & motivated.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, (written and verbal), to work effectively in a cross functional environment.
- Good Excel & Power Point skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability and confidence to present to senior management.
- Nice to Have
- Experience in a similar role in the Telecommunications industry.
- Financial modelling skills.
- Analytics skills.
- MS SQL Server 2008.
- Teradata datastage.
- Degree, preferably business and or IT related.
- Min 2 years' experience in financial and or IT analysis is essential.
To apply for this position please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.