Database Administrator - Permanent - Oxford
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server (2005, 2008, 2008R2, 2012); ideally SQL Server 2014
- Experience of performance tuning and optimising SQL Server installations, including T-SQL, stored procedures, indexing and end-to-end architecture
- Knowledge of database management tasks
A fantastic company within the Travel and Tourism industry is looking for a Database Administrator to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will be working within the Technology Team and carrying out a review of all the existing MS SQL servers and implementing a best practice approach across the organisation in managing databases.
You will work closely with the Internal IT, Ecommerce and Development teams to put together an effective database strategy.
You will be expected to monitor performance and suggest measures to provide fast query responses.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing the test, development and production SQL environments
- Working with Developers to analyse and resolve database performance issues
- Ensuring that all new database designs and procedures done by all teams adhere and follow set best practice guidelines
- Providing input into SQL hosting infrastructure
- Testing and developing database back-up and recovery plans
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.