I have a unique opportunity for a Data Security Manager on a permanent basis for a leading telecommunications company in Berkshire. Reporting into the IT director you will be responsible for the information security within the business.
Your purpose as the Data Security Officer will be to work with the IT Director on managing all of the information security, and also the physical security standards of the corporate offices. This is a medium sized company which outsources a lot of the network operation so will have a high number of suppliers and staff worldwide that manage this network. This combined community must adhere to the information security policies and standards and it is the purpose of this role to ensure this happens.
Some of the responsibilities include;
- Define and maintain security policies and standards
- Manage and maintain their security accreditation; currently ISO027001 and CAS(T)
- Manage security incidents as and when they arise
- Raise awareness of policies and standards throughout the company
- Undertake internal and external audits as and when required to verify compliance with policies and standards.
- Create and maintain disaster recovery plans from an information security perspective.
Experience we are looking for includes;
- Experience of implementing and maintaining security standards such as ISO27001
- Qualifications in Data Security, such as; CISSP (or equivalent), ITIL foundation and CISM, CISA (or a desire to achieve them)
- Good working knowledge of Security related legal and regulatory requirements.
- A proven track record in designing and executing security awareness campaigns within large organisations.
- Understanding of a matrix environment.
- Excellent communication skills
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.