Data Insights Manager:
Key Purpose of the Role
- Deliver insights to International Carrier Services and OpCos in relation to partners and partner markets - trends, behaviour, propositions, technical development - in order to maximise opportunities;
- Produce insights into trends, new technologies and new business developments and translate these into recommendations;
- Enhance value by generating timely and accurate analysis and insights;
- Assess business performance across relevant KPIs.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Analyse trends from a partner/market/industry /OpCo perspective;
- Responsible for data, analysis and regular reporting on trends across the regions, including comparisons with wider market and competitors relevant to OpCos and International Carrier Services;
- Work with the account management team, and OpCos where relevant, to evaluate and propose solutions and new business opportunities based on analysis;
- Responsible for the analysis of traffic and underlying commercials for OpCos across the world from both an individual and consolidated perspective;
- Ensure best practice and potential cost optimisations are identified and implemented across OpCos;
- Responsible for identifying areas and drivers of underperformance and missed opportunities and work with the International Carrier Services teams and OpCos to action solutions for commercial benefit;
- Act as a super user on existing data and reporting tools such as Qlikview, Excel in order to assist in the above as well as introducing new relevant external sources of data such as GSMA data;
- Assess and improve data analysis capabilities and practices on an on-going basis;,
- Driving improvements to add value to the OpCos and the businesses.
Experience and Expertise
- Understanding of telecom/mobile arena and how changes in the market shift business dynamics and would impact on 3IOD/OpCos/business areas;
- Strong track record of data modelling and analysis and the use of various tools for this, including visual analytics;
- Commercial mind-set, with the key focus of enhancing value for customers;
- Ability to understand, manage and manipulate datasets of high-volume transactions, and how to cross-correlate data;
- Experience working in an international environment or dealing with various cultures in a business environment;
- Experience in working with Data Warehouse and Business intelligence technologies - reporting, data mining and analytics.
- Background from a mobile operator
- Experience in using reporting databases and visualisation tools, ideally Qlikview;
- Experience within the mobile telecom industry and analysing CDR data;
- Experience in seeking market and business intelligence;
- Demonstrable record of business insight and benefits achieved;
- Analytical and open minded to identify trends and thereby understand what could be possible "tipping points".
To apply for this position please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.