I AM RECRUITING FOR A DATA ENGINEER ON A CONTRACT BASIS TO WORK FOR A LEADING TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY IN DUBLIN, IRELAND.
You will be responsible for setting up, expanding and optimising the companies data and data pipeline architecture. Ideal candidate experience includes building data pipelines from the ground up, extensive data wrangler skills and generally enjoys building data systems. Data Engineer will support, Data Architects/Analysts/Scientists and Software Developers. Must be self-directed and comfortable supporting multiple streams of work.
- Create and maintain data pipeline
- Assemble large/complex data sets meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design implement process improvements, with ongoing automation and optimisation
- Skills in Big Data technologies such as the following, - Azure, Hortonworks, Kylo, Spark, Scoop, NoSQL.
- Provide advanced SQL knowledge, and use this to extract value
- Build Analytic tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights.
- Work with stakeholders
- Keep data separated and secure with responsibilities of understanding and carrying out processes which ensure best practice and GDPR, and other Data legal requirements
Demonstrable expertise in more than one of the following areas:
- Proven experience in using advanced working knowledge of SQL to deliver value
- Experience of building and optimising big data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Requirements capture
- Proven experience in automisation
- Optimisation of extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data related needs.
- Experience in keep our data separated and secure and meeting best practice and legislative requirements.
- Create data tools/sets for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Some project management and organizational skills - desirable
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Skills and Approach
- Self-motivated, highly organised individual able to work well with all levels in the organisation;
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Good ability to clearly document information.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Flexible and self sufficient in the working environment.
To apply for this role please send your CV to Rebecca.email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.