Security Incident Analyst (SOC / CSIRT / CERT)
3-6 Month initial contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen working for a fantastic well-known company in Maidenhead as a Security Incident Analyst. This is a 3-6 month initial contract with a view to extend.
As Security Incident Analyst you will work as part of a team monitoring, detecting and responding to threats to the online estate. Joining the team at a key time you will play an integral role in helping to develop and shape their operational security during a period of evolutionary change!
This position would suit someone who has performed a security role within one of the following operational environments - SOC, CSIRT or CERT.
As Security Incident Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Continuous monitoring of security tooling
- Performing regular and ad-hoc vulnerability assessments
- Carrying out 'spot checks'
- Reporting on vulnerabilities to the PVG via the alerts system
- Maintaining and documenting logging systems
- Developing centralised logging, reporting and intelligence platforms
- 'Light touch' penetration testing with open source tooling (Metasploit)
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- SOC, CSIRT or CERT operational environment experience
- Windows / Linux experience
- TCP /IP networking protocol knowledge
- Experience reviewing and analysing Security Events from various monitoring and logging sources
- Experience in website and web application security assessment or penetration testing
- Experience of using Metasploit
- Scripting knowledge using BASH, Python, Perl, Ruby
- Skills in Host and Network Forensics
If you are interested in this contract opportunity and have the required skills and experience, then please submit your application on line or email your CV direct to Salome.Maybanks @ projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.