Compliance Specialist - Risk/Policy/Generalist/Ofcom/GC11
Our client, based in Maidenhead, is looking for a Compliance Specialist, to join their business on an initial 6 month contract basis.
While the role will be a generalist position, experience around OFCOM and General Condition 11 (GC11) will be a bonus.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance the role of Compliance Specialist will provide a second line of defence for compliance policies. The role is vital in ensuring that policies meet the requirements of the Compliance Policy Framework, supporting Directorates in driving and meeting the requirements of the compliance policies. The role will:
- Provide Quality assurance over policy development ensuring that any policies developed by Directorates meet the requirements of the Compliance Policy Framework
- Engage with Directorates to ensure they fully understand their compliance requirements partnering with them to identify and plan for actions to meet compliance requirements.
- Monitor the state of compliance in the business, identifying, agreeing and tracking corrective actions required and reporting the compliance state to the Head of Compliance.
- Work with the business to drive the implementation of audit recommendations specific to the policy area of the specialist
- Prepare relevant compliance reporting to meet both internal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that compliance training is completed within their business area.
- The roles provides expertise to drive the execution of risk & compliance activities to enable change by working with key stakeholders across the business.
- Provide reports and insight to support continuous improvement and support effective management of the risk & compliance registers.
- Dashboards and reporting and providing PMO support for governance meetings
- Provides advice on designing new processes and systems to achieve professional standards and desired outcomes.
- Delivers specified outcomes and/or provides support services within a designated area of audit control by working within established systems.
- Explores issues and/or needs to establish potential causes, related issues and barriers.
- Plans and coordinates testing and inspection of products and processes, then implements and monitors the effectiveness of corrective actions and/or continuous improvement initiatives.
- Highlights shortcomings and suggests improvements in current compliance processes, systems and procedures within assigned unit and/or discipline.
- Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures, then uses established change management programs to deliver prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services.
- Navigates a wide variety of existing processes, procedures and precedents to interpret data and identify possible answers.
- Supports small internal customers to ensure their needs are met and/or helps senior colleagues manage client relationships.
- Conducts research using primary data sources and selects relevant information to enable analysis of key themes and trends.
- Provides input into the development of procedures for an area within the organisation, then monitors the implementation of those procedures.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on achieving full compliance with applicable rules and regulations in management and/or operations.
- Identifies, assesses, prioritises and manages risks in a production process without supervision and provides technical guidance when required.
In order to apply for the opportunity, please send your most recent CV to Richard.Gallagher@projectpeople.com and your application will be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.