Decision Support Analyst (Commercial/Insight Data Analyst) - Dublin - Contract - ASAP
Leading Mobile Telecoms company require a Data Analyst to work in their Decision Support team to provide data analysis and modelling for products and price plans pre and post launch.
The Decision Support team build business cases, (cost-benefit analysis), for product and price plan proposals and then review these after launch to compare what actually happened with what was in the original business case (post launch evaluation). The role is a combination of data mining, analytics and modelling.
- Translating raw data into insights on customer behaviour, usage and trends.
- Data mining in SQL on various database platforms - MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle and Teradata to support business cases.
What else it involves:
It's a role that offers exposure to a wide number of areas in the business including Sales & Marketing, Pricing, CRM & IT.
- Using SQL and Teradata to extract and mine data required to support business cases.
- Performing initial analysis to assess the quality of the data.
- Performing further analysis to determine the meaning of the data.
- Preparing analysis to provide insights and identify trends in the business.
- Building business cases to support tariff and device price changes.
We'd like you to have:
- Strong experience in programming languages, such as SQL and Teradata
- The ability to analyse, model and interpret data
- A methodical and logical approach
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to interrogate backend databases
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of systems and data queries (SQL or other).
- Experience with data mining in SQL and Teradata & ability to convert this into insights.
- Self-sufficient & motivated.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, (written and verbal), to work effectively in a cross functional environment.
- Good Excel & Power Point skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability and confidence to present to senior management.
Nice to Have
- Experience in a similar role in the Telecommunications industry.
- Financial modelling skills.
- Analytics skills.
- MS SQL Server 2008.
- Teradata datastage.
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.