Commercial Finance Manager
Commercial Finance Manager
Exciting new opportunity for a qualified accountant (or equivalent experience) to join a great company in Witney on a 6 month fixed-term contract with the possibility of it becoming a permanent role after that.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing financial support for a high end retail company, an understanding of the Private Equity model and strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels within the company.
Your duties would include:
- Developing and articulating a clear understanding of the business drivers, key performance indicators and key results indicators across multiple business units, and act to control/improve these
- Being accountable for the development and preparation of divisional trading / KPI reports
- Maintaining a company scorecard that monitors agreed strategic KPI's and key reporting criteria in the areas of sales, profitability, productivity and ROI, including benchmarks for comparison
- Providing commentary on divisional performance vs. budget and prior year
- Delivering insightful analysis of results through real-time, short-term, timely reporting and business unit reviews
- Improving the understanding of trends, risks and opportunities across the business units and enhancing ability to action plan, and course correct
- Strategic and commercial decision support i.e. analysis, modelling
- Undertaking key strategic pricing and gross margin reviews across the business, and making recommendations to senior stakeholders on actions to be taken
- Providing commercial and financial insight/analysis on new product developments including supplier tenders and negotiations, as well as annual rates reviews and override assessments
- Ensuring financial targets for the commission scheme and bonuses are regularly tracked and targets aligned to business performance
- Carrying out detailed cost of sales analysis, including tracking the impact of foreign exchange fluctuations on business performance and assessing input cost inflationary factors and how these can be mitigated
- Reviewing and challenging the monthly/quarterly/annual P&L performance of multiple business units
- Continuously tracking and reforecasting performance of each division, to provide input to rolling forecasts
- Turning financials numbers into a compelling business story which is readily understandable across a varied population of stakeholders
- Providing support for the five year strategic plan, periodic re-forecasts and annual operating plan for the Group including analysis of investment proposals, working closely on group strategy.
- Undertake ad hoc financial reviews and investigations as required
Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not always possible to respond to every application.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.