Commercial Finance Analyst
Based in Witney
Competitive Salary plus Package
Our Client is currently looking for a talented Commercial Finance Analyst to join their team.
Business Partner to Sales Teams
- Day-to-day tracking and reporting of underlying drivers of sales performance (price, volume, sales mix), including communicating with and influencing sales teams to help improve performance
- Detailed understanding of the sales funnel from enquiry > quote > booking by marketing channel
- Measure country specialist performance and productivity - identifying key areas of risk & opportunity, alongside reviewing sales team targets, commission and bonus
- Financial assessment of booking integrity and service quality (authorisation levels; cancellation rates; customer service quality; customer Ts&Cs)
- Management of resource planning tool including advising on sales team availability; absence; enquiry / booking capacity. Influencing key hiring decisions based on data driven insight
- Development of tools to improve the sales forecasting and planning process and aid delivery of consistent accuracy in predicting performance
- Deliver insightful analysis of the P&L through real-time, short-term, timely reporting and business unit reviews. Improving the understanding of trends, risk and opportunities across the business units and enhancing ability to action plan, and course correct
- Provide insightful commentary to key stakeholders on business performance, including regular stakeholder reporting both internally and externally
Business Intelligence & Data Analytics
- Enhance current reporting offering towards a market-leading business intelligence function, through detailed review of data structures / sources and use of BI (e.g. Tableau)
- Collaborate with Marketing and IT departments to ensure consistency of cross-functional KPI's and data-driven conclusions
- Draw meaningful insights and ideas from large data sets in order to support and improve business performance
- Be a strong advocate of analytics, developing a deep understanding of the business to make sure that analysis is embedded in everyday decision making
- Keep up with developments in data analytics, and share new ideas and best practice
- Strong understanding of Microsoft products to support strategic and commercial decision support i.e. analysis, modelling
Experience and Key Requirements:
- Business partnering experience
- P&L experience
- Analytical review of trends and KPI's
- Advanced Excel skills
- Power Pivot, Power Query, Microsoft Access and Tableau would be advantageous
- Experience with sales processes would also be advantageous
- Ability to analyse large sets of data and draw insights from this and then report back to senior management in order for them to make key business decisions
If you would like to be considered for the role, please email me your CV - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suitable candidates will be contacted before shortlisting.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.