Great opportunity to work on a cloud infrastructure deployment that has never been done before and will be working for a high profile company within the telecoms industry.
Excellent experience of Cloud Infrastructure is required along with Cloud services such as IaaS, PaaS and Cloud Orchestration and automation technologies. Experience of working and partnering with vendors/suppliers to provide technical governance of infrastructure services delivered by these partners.
Own technical and commercial deliveries for server infrastructure deliveries, including Hardware Technologies (Compute + Storage) Server operating systems such as Microsoft, RHEL
Database Technologies such as Oracle, MongoDB etc. o Virtualisation technology such as VMWare, KVM etc.
- To provide technical governance for server infrastructure services delivered by partners.
- Provide consultation and expertise for any new on premise Infrastructure solution requirements.
- Effective management of the server infrastructure to ensure sufficient capacity, performance and availability needed for continuous business operation and acceptable customer experience.
- Work with key technology vendors to understand industry trends and drive future state architectures.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to teams within the business and strategic partners for server infrastructure services.
- Build excellent working relationships with senior management across the business, with our managed service partners and vendors.
- Creation of technical requirement specification documents.
- Define and govern processes for asset and license management.
- Work with procurement teams to support license requests from business teams.
Significant experience of delivering Infrastructure solutions that meet business requirements within telecoms or service provider industry.
Demonstrable skills and excellent understanding of IT infrastructure technology fundamentals including oServer hardware technology
- Storage technology such as CEPHs, SAN
- Cloud services such as IaaS, PaaS
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, KVM, containerisation. oServer OS and Database technologies.
Good working understanding of Cloud Orchestration and automation technologies.
Good understanding of open source infrastructure technologies.
Proven track record of formulating and deploying processes and procedures to improve the infrastructure technology and delivery.
Proven capability to interface, influence and negotiate with third party managed service partners.
Proven capability to deliver Infrastructure programsutilising 3rd party partners.
Able to quickly comprehend diverse information. Can identify themes and gaps in information. Uses information as the basis for making decisions.
Please call or send your CV to Amanda Cager - email@example.com - 01189 285550.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.